Teaching and Training
Emilio Williams has lectured in several countries. He has been a guest speaker and visiting artist in institutions such as University of Wisconsin Madison, Mary Washington University, University of Virginia, Loyola University in Chicago, Instituto Cervantes, Luna Central and Instituto Internacional Americano in Madrid.
He offers lectures about the creative process, based on his own experiences as a playwright, as well as workshops for aspiring and emerging writers.
These are some of the one-hour lectures he has delivered:
- From the notebooks to the stage (A playwright’s perspective into the creative process)
- New theater from Spain
- The theatricality of Carmen Martin Gaite
The writing workshop for emerging playwrights and students are customized and can run from 1 hour to 5 hours. Topics include:
- So you want to be a writer…
- How to write a one-act play
- How to write your own one-person show
- How to write documentary theater
- Devices for theatrical story-telling